Bernard Pastel by Pamela Koster

Bernard Pastel by Pamela Koster
Bernard the Magnificent

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fun new recipe and fun new kitchen toy!

I can't pronounce it, but I can type it-- Ebelskiver! Yes, I finally gave in and took the plunge. Every Williams-Sonoma catalog I get has an Ebelskiver pan for sale, right next to some tasty looking little round pancake-type things. Which is basically what an Ebelskiver is.

I made them for breakfast this morning and watched them disappear. I was told by my guests that if I kept placing Ebelskivers in front of them, they would just keep eating them....

Today I used lime curd and our own Cottonwood strawberry-rhubarb jam to fill them-- the were delicious! I'm thinking next time I'll have to put Nutella in them or maybe even a savory cheesy/egg filling.

So, if you have been looking at the Ebelskiver pan and wondering if it is worth it-- wonder no more. I'm only wondering if I should have bought TWO pans, because I could hardly keep up with demand with just one.

The only ones not happy about the new Ebelskiver pan are the dogs and chickens because there weren't any left over for them to try.

No comments: