Bernard Pastel by Pamela Koster

Bernard Pastel by Pamela Koster
Bernard the Magnificent

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

30 degrees in September!

Yes, I was out until the crack of dawn covering dahlias last night-- at least we had some warning of the temperature drop and were able to save the flowers and tomatoes.

The Taos Fiber Festival is only 2 weeks away!!! Of all the Taos festivals (and there are MANY) this is, in my humble opinion, the best. Of course I've hardly touched the many bags of wool I bought LAST year, but, hey-- IT'S ALL MINE! I plan on adding greatly to my stash this year, again.

Not only can you get wool at the festival, but you can get it in many forms-- felt, yarn, roving, woven and knitted and crocheted goods. You can also get LIVE rabbits! (Brantly doesn't know it yet, but we are getting two). I also bought a fabulous pair of hand-made sheepskin slippers from a family from Colorado. They had rugs, shoes, and slippers that were warm and stylish.

So, if you have a chance to get up here, make it here for the Taos Fiber Festival this October 2-3, 2009.

No comments: